How to Order Your SMC Transcript
SMC provides three ways to order your official transcript. Transcripts cost $5 per copy.
Order your electronic or mailed paper transcript online via the National Student Clearinghouse.
You can pay by credit or debit card using the system linked above. Electronic delivery is the preferred method to ensure quick, efficient service to you. Most electronic transcripts are delivered within hours, not days.
Complete the official College Transcript Request Form.
Pay for your transcripts with cash or check at the Business Office on either campus and obtain a receipt.
Deliver the form and receipt to the Records Office in the Briegel Building on the Dowagiac campus. Transcripts cannot be sent electronically by this method.
Complete the official College Transcript Request Form and mail it along with a check or money order to the Records Office. Transcripts cannot be sent electronically by this method.
- All financial obligations to Southwestern Michigan College must be met before an official transcript can be released.
- Electronic transcript orders will be processed when the college is closed on weekends or due to inclement weather and extended breaks. If the electronic order has an attachment or requires research by a staff member, it may not be processed until the college has reopened.
- Paper transcript orders are only processed when the college is open.
- Transcripts may not be picked up by a third party unless the student has given written authorization with the request.
- A photo ID is required for transcript pickup.
- SMC does not accept faxed or emailed transcript requests.