SMC Just Got A Little More Affordable
Students graduating high school in 2023 will be eligible for more financial aid from the State of Michigan, up to $2,750 per year with the Michigan Achievement Scholarship. This makes attending Southwestern Michigan College even more affordable.
To be eligible for a Michigan Achievement Scholarship, students must:
- Be a Michigan resident since July 1 of the previous calendar year.
- Graduate from a high school in Michigan in 2023.
- Enroll at an eligible institution within 15 months of high school graduation as a full-time student (a minimum of 12 credits).
- Demonstrate financial need on the FAFSA by having an Expected Family Contribution of $25,000 or less.
To get started:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student AID (FAFSA).
- Create an MiSSG Student Portal account within three to five business days of filing your FAFSA.
- Apply for admission to SMC. Students must be accepted at an institution and make the final enrollment decision at that institution to receive a final scholarship offer.
For more information, including FAQs, visit michigan.gov/mistudentaid.
Programs in In-demand Fields
We can get you started in nearly any high-wage, high-demand career. You can even complete a four-year degree on our Dowagiac campus through our partnership with Ferris State University.
Two Convenient Locations
Southwestern Michigan College has campuses in Dowagiac and Niles, so you can take classes in a location close to you.*
*Programs offered vary by location.