About the Scholarship
Beginning in fall 2024, Indiana high school students who enroll full-time in fall classes at SMC are eligible to receive the Indiana Merit Award, a renewable $500* scholarship that allows Indiana students to pay SMC’s in-state tuition.
- Indiana resident
- Current graduating high school senior
- Requires a minimum GPA of 2.5 (may be calculated as early as end of junior year of high school)
How to Get the Indiana Merit Award
All graduating Indiana high school seniors are automatically considered for the Indiana Merit Award after they apply for admission to SMC and send their official high school transcript. There is no need to fill out a separate scholarship application for this award, but students must complete the SMC admissions process, which includes:
- Applying for admission to SMC
- Sending us your transcripts and test scores
- Taking placement tests, if necessary
- Enrolling in 12 credit hours for the upcoming fall semester
The Indiana Merit Award is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
*$500 per year awarded as $250 each fall and spring semester. Renewable for up to four semesters.