Your life as an SMC Roadrunner is about to begin!
All students starting at SMC for the first time are expected to complete New Student Orientation.
During our two-part orientation, you’ll learn about campus resources, how to plan your schedule and pick courses that fit your degree plan, and how to succeed at SMC. You’ll also connect with an advisor who will go over your degree requirements, answer your questions, and walk you through the registration process.
Parents are welcome to participate in orientation with you.
Part One: Online Orientation Module
Part one is completely online and can be completed any time from your computer or phone. The online orientation module covers the following information:
- Getting Started at SMC
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Academic Support and Tutoring
- Student Resources for Success
- Campus Life
After completing part one, you may sign up for part two to register for classes.
You’ll log in to the module using your SMC Wired username and password, which you received on your acceptance letter.
How to Access SMC Wired
To access your SMC Wired account and SMC email, log in to SMC Wired at smcwired.swmich.edu using the Wired ID and password you received on your acceptance letter. Once logged in, click the Email tab.
If you need to reset your password, email the Help Desk at email@example.com or 269-782-1230.
Part Two: Register for Classes
Part two is when you’ll talk with advisors and register for your first semester of classes. You’ll learn about the degree requirements for your program and how to choose courses and register for other semesters. You’ll also have the option to tour campus if desired.
Important: To make part two as simple as possible, please complete the following steps prior to completing part two:
- Send us your final high school transcript.
- Send us your SAT/ACT scores, if you've taken either test in the last ten years.
- After your transcript and test scores have been received, an advisor will let you know if you need to take any placement tests and how to schedule them. Remote and on-campus testing is available and should be completed at least two weeks prior to your orientation date.
- File the FAFSA, including SMC's school code 002317.
Friday, December 3 | 9 a.m.
For Students Starting at SMC in January 2022
For the spring semester, part two will be held on the Dowagiac Campus. Sign up to learn more about SMC and meet with an advisor to register for classes.
Information on orientation for Fall 2022 will be released as the semester draws near.